ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT INSTITUTIONS
EPM 241: ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT INSTITUTIONS
DATE: WEDNESDAY, 23RD DECEMBER, 2009 TIME: 8.00 A.M. – 10.00 AM
ANSWER QUESTION ONE AND ANY OTHER TWO QUESTIONS.
1. a) Discuss the historical development of environmental planning and management institutions. (10 marks)
b) Briefly discuss the pitfalls in the process of formulation and
Institutionalization of environment policy in developing countries.
c) Outline the historical factors that culminated in the formulation of UNEP.
2. Discuss the core functions of national environment management authority.
3. a) Briefly discuss the merits of public complaints committee. (10 marks)
b) Differentiate between the functions of public complaints committee and
National environment tribunal. (10 marks)
4. a) Discuss policy, legislative, institutional and organizational changes caused
by environment action plan. (10 marks)
b) Outline factors that lead to environment policy success. (10 marks)
5. Environment impact assessment is one of the strongest tools in environment
Management. Discuss. (20 marks